Sofie

Default VCR repair advice

Eric G:
IMPORTANT: ........ This may or may not have been a repair problem.... but
maybe a tape problem?? Since you said the VCR had no symptoms and played
OK after the repair until you attempted to play the Promo tape..... this may
be a tape problem. ? ?
Be certain to bring along your suspect Promo TAPE to the shop with the VCR..
A bad, contaminated, worn, previously eaten, etc, etc.... or even new
untested tape can cause these symptoms with a properly operating VCR.....
then, once the VCR tape path is dirty or contaminated, other tapes will not
work properly in the VCR and in fact those subsequent tapes could get
contaminated and/or ruined by inserting them into the contaminated VCR. To
save yourself more anguish.... DO NOT insert your Promo tape or any
subsequent tapes in your other VCRs until the repair shop can give you some
answers.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Eric G" wrote in message
On 10 Jan 2004 20:46:26 -0500, Sam Goldwasser
wrote:

Take it back to where it was supposedly repaired an demonstrate that it
wasn't fixed.

It does sound like a mechanical problem that should have been taken care
of by replacing the rubber parts and a good cleaning. I don't know if
that's what a "service kit" is supposed to be.

Thanks Sam, I'll bring it back this week and show him the problem
is still there. Eric