Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I assume the apprentice got it in the neck

On Tue, 17 May 2016 21:51:22 +0100, newshound wrote:

I should have said, this one had a code word so it was plausible.

Not sure to which "this one" you are referring, a past fake IRA
warning or the weekends Man U "device".

To my mind the real reason not to worry too much was that it was a
fairly secure site requiring visible passes at all times.

Man U? Secure? Well in my estimation about as secure as collander.
Little bit of research, a clipboard, something that looks like a pass
and air of authority will do. As it will do for most such places.

The vast majority of bomb warnings (99.9% according to one source)

are
entirely false and involve no device, real or fake. Therefore,

unless
there is a very good reason to believe the threat is genuine, the

first
step is always to search the premises, which is usually best done

by
people who know the area well.

For just warnings I'd tend to agree but the device was found at Man.
U. Very little choice but to evacuate.

--
Cheers
Dave.