Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Disassembling a fold-down bed

On 17/05/2016 19:23, Bert Coules wrote:
Has anyone any experience with taking apart a fold-down wall bed? This
was bought some years ago and unfortunately I don't now have the
detailed instructions which came with it. All I really remember is that
the two sets of enclosed tension springs which govern the balance of the
fold-down part have to be slackened off at some crucial stage of the
process, but exactly when, and exactly what state of fold-down-ness the
bed must be at when it's done, I can't recall at all.

I simply unscrewed one, without knowing anything about slackening off
springs, although I held the bed in the position that had minimum
tension on the springs. I survived - as you can tell - and somebody else
reinstalled it without difficulty. This was a Wentel bed IIRC.

I've contacted the supplier who has said they'll look for the
instructions. My particular model doesn't seem to be in their catalogue
any more, though they have one that appears generally similar, the
"Smart" model: http://www.wallbed.co.uk/wallbed_smart.htm

Many thanks.