Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival
Muggles[_9_] Muggles[_9_] is offline

Default Flashlight temptation (inconsiderate smokers)

On Sun, 15 May 2016 21:50:47 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:
Why was it better for you to be a non-smoker?

Oh, I could taste food better, smell odors better, and I
could run farther and longer..up to a point.
On the other hand...I was something of a nervous
wreck. Im very hand oriented. Very oral oriented (my
wife appreciates this) and as a very good tech..I tend
to spend most of my day with a cigarette jammed
into my face..but its been out for 20 minutes. I use
up more lighters than the average smoker and I
actually inhale less smoke than the average pack a
day smoker. I simply hold one in my mouth until it
turns wet and nasty. Not intentionally...just a 48 yr
old habit. Im not proud of it..but Ive learned to live
with it. Ive spent hundreds of dollars on hypnosis
(works for me on average of 4-6 months) and all
manner of Stop Smoking classes and materials and
so on and so forth. But...I cant stay away from
them..my temprament is such that without my
"pacifier" stuck in my face..I can..and do..turn into a
rather vicious and nasty human being. I discovered
this in the military..which my team mates
appreciated..but didnt do my self esteem all that
much good. "the guy was a very effecient killer as
long as he had a smoke stuck in his face". Shrug...so
Ive learned to live with my physical and
pyschological addiction. Ive monitored my health
closely the past 20 yrs or so...and the smoking
doesnt seem to have much effect. My genetics are
rather good. The males in my family all live into their
late 90s, smoking and drinking and having their way
with womenfolk. My father just remarried at the age
of 83. He married a 47 yr old woman who has oddles
more money than he does and by accounts..they
have a very active life...to say nothing of their sex
life...(VBG)

Sounds like you've made your decisions as to who you want to be.

Anyways...did I answer your questions in a forthright
and honest fashion? I dont lie. Too hard to keep track
of them if one starts..so I dont bother. Shrug

Thanks.

--
Maggie