Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Agrarian society

On 5/16/2016 11:08 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 05/16/2016 10:27 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
You may wish to consider researching hunter-gatherer
societies and the transition to agriculture and the
advancements made possible thereby (such as the ability
to support much larger populations). If you had to survive
on hunting and fishing, you'd not have the abundant leisure
time to support your voluminous useless posting and evangelizing.

I wouldn't call agrarian society an advance. Surplus food, surplus
people, and the spare time to get up to all sorts of mischief like
organized religion and constant warfare.

One of my friends comments that now days "people
are too damn well fed". I asked him to expand
a bit, on that. Well, when people have to work for
their living, they tend to be polite, and appreciae
what they have. When food is just handed to them,
they tend to bicker and complain a lot. Gives them
some thing to do.

Anyone remember the old episode of Andy Griffith
Show where Malcolm the butler arried in town? Andy
hired him at the houe. And Aunt Bee took the sick
bed, and whined and complained a lot. Opie was the
one who noticed, and brought the change to attention
of Andy. Soon as Aunt Bee got back to her routine,
the house was the cheerful same again.

--
..
Christopher A. Young