Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Cheesecake, Not Don Y's 5 hour

Don mentioned that his cheesecake is 5 hours on his feet. While it
may be a spectacular cake the way he makes it, neither of us can spend
5 hours on our feet in a day. This is easer and still better than 95%
of the commercial cheesecakes you'd find in a store or bakery.

When the kids were home we'd always make the larger version, now the
smaller one is fine. Yes, it uses commercial crust, not as good as
home made, but you can make your own.

Cheesecake

Ingredients:

2 10" Pie Crusts, rolled as one

FILLING

regular size large size

1 LB. Cream cheese, softened 2 LB

12 TBS sugar 24 TBS
2 TBS flour 4 TBS

4 eggs 8 eggs
juice of 1 lemon (3 TBS) 6 TBS
3 cups Milk 6 cups
2 tsp. Vanilla 4 tsp. vanilla
1 large Jar of Fruit (optional)
Instructions:

Prepare the crust and roll it out to fit 12" x 9" x 2" pan. Place the
crust into the pan.

Beat the filling ingredients together with an electric mixer or a
blender. Mixture will be thin.

If using canned cherries or crushed pineapples, place them on the
crust before adding the cream cheese filling. (Don Y reduces his
filling, probably a good idea)

Pour mixture on top of crust and bake in a 350ø oven for 1 hour.

Remove from oven and wrap in dish towel and refrigerate till cool
about 3 hours.