Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default OT. GM fuel mileage overstated

On 5/16/2016 12:48 PM, My 2 Cents wrote:
On 5/15/2016 12:05 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 05/14/2016 08:32 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
The last five cars (different brands) had the computer that gave you the
mpg of a trip and since the last fill up. I've checked the old method
of filling the tank and calculating. The car computer ranged from 2 to
6 mpg too high

I go by a ScanGauge plugged into the ODB. When I fill up it is usually
within a tenth of a gallon on how much will take to fill the tank and
the tank mpg numbers jibe with the odometer.

cost of fuel is only one of the variables ... how much to get a mile down the
road is the bottom line. AAA says..
http://exchange.aaa.com/wp-content/u...Costs-2015.pdf

The metric is "miles per GALLON (of fuel)" -- not miles per DOLLAR.