Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Competance of 'engineers' - Smart Meters

In article l.net,
"Dave Liquorice" writes:
On Thu, 05 May 2016 01:10:54 +0100, Graham. wrote:

Wouldn't you need to be Gas Safe certified to change somebody's gas
meter?

Yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if they have a class that only
allows the holder to change meters. Gas Safe is not just a bit of
paper allowing you to work on gas but lots of bits of paper each one
allowing you to work on different aspects of gas, domestic,
commercial, industrial, etc

I have a recollection of Transco refusing to get their staff
registered (CORGI at the time), arguing it wasn't appropriate
training for supply side work. Government had no choice but to
give in, as it would otherwise leave no staff in the country
able to undertake any gas supply work, including emergency
fixes, from the date registration became mandatory.

--
Andrew Gabriel