Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. GM fuel mileage overstated

On Monday, May 16, 2016 at 8:55:53 AM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 05/16/2016 06:06 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Many years ago, I went to a funeral in Indiana.
The highway was clogged with road construction.
20 MPH instead of 65. I had a look at my USA map,
and found a parallel route. Had to stop for the
towns, but the travel progress was so much better.

I worked in Ft. Wayne for a year. I'd ride my bicycle 15 or 20 miles
looking at soybeans, turn around, and ride back looking at the other
side of the soybeans. The wind shifted as soon as I turned too.

Flying was even worse. When the scenery all looks the same you have
plenty of time to think about the wings falling off or the engine
stopping. The Tomahawk only did 100 knots happily so it wasn't much
better than driving.

How long did the trip take you by bicycle? I was in the best shape of my life when I was getting around by bicycle. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Peddling Monster