Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

On Mon, 16 May 2016 08:56:24 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 16/05/2016 04:57, wrote:
On Sun, 15 May 2016 21:30:17 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/15/2016 12:12 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Bod, how many years have you smoked? Would you say you were less well
than anyone else?

53 years and fitter than most people of my age who don't smoke.
My brother never smoked in his life and died aged 59. I'm coming up to
68.

My point exactly. I hear all this ******** about this food is bad for
you, don't do this, etc, etc. It has no basis in the real world.

It does for some situations and for some people. None of it is 100% of
course.

I never gave up butter or eggs, but gave up smoking 45 years ago. I
don't see any sensible reason to smoke.

When my Dad's former business partner and his wife sat down and
figured out how much they had spent on cigarettes (she 2 packs a day,
him down from 1 1/2 to 1) over their married life to thar point
(about 25 yeares) and realized they could have their mortgage paid off
and be driving a new car every 2 years they both quit cold turkey..

My brother saved hard all his life and just when he was about to retire
to enjoy his wealth he died. He never ever smoked and he was very fit.

Indeed. I take each day as it comes.

--
A.I.D.S. = Arsehole Injected Death Sentence