Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. GM fuel mileage overstated

On 5/16/2016 12:45 AM, rbowman wrote:
One of the things I miss about back east are the alternative routes,
even for a short drive. In much of the west, you take the interstate,
end of story. There are frontage roads along I90 that I take for variety
but you're just paralleling I90 and they are seldom more than ten miles
before you have to get back on the big road.

Many years ago, I went to a funeral in Indiana.
The highway was clogged with road construction.
20 MPH instead of 65. I had a look at my USA map,
and found a parallel route. Had to stop for the
towns, but the travel progress was so much better.

The one time I went to Salt Lake City, we took
I-80, think it was. The fellow riding with me
said that Nebraska is endless. I have to agree,
every 50 miles were cattle guards, and a small
town. took about six hours to cross the state.
We were lucky to have someone to talk with. I
did wish for cruise control.

--
..
Christopher A. Young