Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Re-purpose wiring

In article ,
Grumps wrote:
There is mains wiring running from the fuse box to the immersion heater.
As the cylinder is going to be removed, is there a reason that the
wiring can not be re-used to power the following:
1) Combined heat/light/fan for bathroom
2) Towel radiator
I haven't looked, but I assume the existing wiring is 2.5mm2. The
combined heat/light/fan is 1150W, and the towel radiator is 400W
(although I guess someone could use 2x600W).
Just in principle, I won't be doing this myself.

Principle is fine. But if running low powered devices like lights from it,
those and the wiring to them should be protected by an FCU with suitable
fuse.

--
*Modulation in all things *

Dave Plowman London SW