Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Re-purpose wiring

Electrically, of course not assuming good condition etc. I'm sure some
regulation will throw a spanner in the works though...
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Grumps" wrote in message
There is mains wiring running from the fuse box to the immersion heater.
As the cylinder is going to be removed, is there a reason that the wiring
can not be re-used to power the following:
1) Combined heat/light/fan for bathroom
2) Towel radiator
I haven't looked, but I assume the existing wiring is 2.5mm2. The combined
heat/light/fan is 1150W, and the towel radiator is 400W (although I guess
someone could use 2x600W).
Just in principle, I won't be doing this myself.
Ta.