Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default OT. GM fuel mileage overstated

On 5/15/2016 9:45 PM, rbowman wrote:
One of the things I miss about back east are the alternative routes, even for a
short drive. In much of the west, you take the interstate, end of story. There
are frontage roads along I90 that I take for variety but you're just
paralleling I90 and they are seldom more than ten miles before you have to get
back on the big road.

And, they're (west) just straight slogs!

I remember the first time I drove cross country. Got to kansas: "OK, this
is interesting" (I was being generous... flat is anything BUT interesting!)
After 30 minutes of that, I was ready for "the next state".

I joked that I didn't dare pull off the road for fear that I'd get
back on, headed in the wrong direction, and not realize it until I saw
the CO or MO state line!