Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT. GM fuel mileage overstated

On 05/15/2016 07:21 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I can understand that. For us, the first 100 miles can be boring
because we've gone most routes out of town frequently. Given the time
we try to avoid the highways as they can be boring.

The pat weekend I knew the route from Hyde Park NY to Lake George and
the to Waterbury VT. For a change I used the NAV and set it to avoid
freeways and toll roads. Took us much longer but we saw a lot more.
Took us on roads I never would have guessed at.

One of the things I miss about back east are the alternative routes,
even for a short drive. In much of the west, you take the interstate,
end of story. There are frontage roads along I90 that I take for variety
but you're just paralleling I90 and they are seldom more than ten miles
before you have to get back on the big road.