Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default OT. GM fuel mileage overstated

On 5/15/2016 1:27 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 05/15/2016 12:54 PM, Don Y wrote:
Cheesecake is 5 hours on your feet. So, the notes for that deal
with ways of reducing that time. Or, breaking it up into two or
more "sessions" (it's hard to set aside a 5 hour block of time
for ONE task -- esp given that I don't like cheesecake! : )

I like cheesecake but my enthusiasm for making it dried up with 'take a
springform pan'...

Ah, mine is rectangular -- in a ~9x13 glass baking dish. Very
"light" (far less calories than a New York style)

The problem is that the crust takes an hour to make. It can
chill while you spend an hour and a half reducing the pineapple.
The filling requires another hour -- assuming you've taken the
ingredients out ahead of time to let them come to room temperature
(cream cheese is remarkably dense!). But, the pineapple can
cool while you're doing that.
Baking takes an hour and a half -- which you will spend cleaning
the various bowls and pots that you used.
Then, packaging it (for transport) yet another hour.

And, it's "gone" in a matter of minutes! :-/

I bring one to my PCP around the holidays. His eyes light up
when he sees the cooler accompanying me into his office.
First one I made for him he was surprised/pleased. When I
told him, "Oh, this is GOOD! You can trade it for sexual
favors!!" he turned red clear to the top of his head! I've
not bothered to ask what he "gets" from his wife for sharing it...