Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

On Wed, 11 May 2016 17:09:51 +0100, Muggles wrote:

On 5/11/2016 3:02 AM, Bod wrote:
On 10/05/2016 21:37, Muggles wrote:
On 5/10/2016 2:22 PM, T wrote:
On 05/08/2016 12:26 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 5/8/2016 1:33 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 08 May 2016 04:03:28 +0100, Muggles

wrote:

On 5/7/2016 4:08 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sat, 07 May 2016 21:36:25 +0100, Winston_Smith
wrote:

On Sat, 07 May 2016 21:09:27 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

As intelligence increases with each generation, religion
decreases.

Can you prove a decrease in religion results in an increase of
intelligence ? There seem to be examples to the contrary here.

I'd say the increase in intelligence causes the decrease in
religion.
Clever folk realise what they've been taught is a load of ****e.

Religion is only the outward expression of a desire or
acknowledgement
that a greater power exists beyond our own selves.

Yes I know what religion is, and it's nonsensical.

No, religion is a logical response to an inward sense that greatness
exists outside of being human.

There is no evidence of a greater power.

Who designed the human nervous system? What sort of intelligence would
it take to get it to function correctly?

If there was one, there would be evidence,

There is evidence, but even evidence is subject to your individual
belief system.

and if
we have to worship it, he would ask for the worship.

Would you want to have to ask, or would you want such adoration given
freely to you?

And looking around you, you see God's hand in everything.

yeah ...

Hmm, like some innocent babies being born blind/ limbless etc?

sing "all things bright and wonderful, the lord god made them all".

Then recite "god made all men equal"

What a load of crap!!

I've asked many questions, myself. As far as creation goes, including
human beings, the rules were defined in the beginning. Babies being
born blind or limbless and other such things happened after sin entered
the world. There is now more chemicals and pollution that we're exposed
to than there ever was, and that doesn't include what people voluntarily
do to each other or themselves exposing themselves to all sorts of
contaminates. I lost much of my hearing as a teen because I lived in a
household with parents who smoked and secondhand smoke floated in the
house constantly. It's a fact that me being exposed to those
contaminates caused my hearing loss.

We blame god for everything bad that happens to us, and don't take into
consideration that perfection ended with creation after sin entered the
world.

That's my take on it, anyway.

If god exists, he isn't worth worshipping.
https://youtu.be/2-d4otHE-YI

--
You can make a signature quote seem authoritative by attributing it to a famous person. -- Sun Tzu