Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

On 05/14/2016 11:50 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 14 May 2016 22:42:47 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/14/2016 06:44 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
You can't believe two religions. If you became Buddhist, you must think
Catholicism was incorrect, or you'd still be in that religion.

http://www.amazon.com/Zen-Catholicis.../dp/0824514254
http://www.ncregister.com/site/artic..._collide_dont/

Some have tried to straddle the fence.

Its hardly straddling the fence. If you like steak, but also like
meatloaf....and decide that meatloaf is what you want to eat...it
makes steak no less a yummy food.

Sure, if you go to the cafeteria and pick out the parts you like.

33. "Therefore, Ananda, be islands unto yourselves, refuges unto
yourselves, seeking no external refuge; with the Dhamma as your island,
the Dhamma as your refuge, seeking no other refuge.

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipit....1-6.vaji.html

5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how
can we know the way?
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man
cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 14:5-6

Of course you could argue the Dhamma is the Logos that was made
incarnate in Jesus and Buddha was a pre-Christian saint. Or something.

http://www.lionsroar.com/reviews-how...e-st-josaphat/

There was some cross-pollination during the time of the Kushan Empire
when Pure Land originated and after centuries Amida Buddha seems very
close to Jesus:

http://www.jodo.org/about_plb/what_plb.html