Posted to alt.home.repair
fakeid fakeid is offline

Default OT. GM fuel mileage overstated

On 05/15/2016 05:29 AM, Don Y wrote:
A "special dinner" is *me* spending the day to prepare one of her
favorites -- along with suitable desserts. If she could buy it in
a restaurant (or bakery), it wouldn't be special -- it would just
be "yet another credit card charge".

The same is true when we are invited to friends' for a party, meal, etc.
Walking in with something *purchased* is a cop-out -- a few extra minutes
on the weekly shopping trip and a few extra dollars. OTOH, making
something special *for* them (cheesecake, ice cream, coffee cake,
biscotti, lasagna, electronic doorbell, etc.) represents an investment
of *time*.

Strongly disagree!

If I was on your guest list, you'd want me to bring a professionally prepared dish. Trust me on this. ;-)