Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxxx Fredxxx is offline

Default Strimmer carburettor

On 15/05/2016 14:32, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 15 May 2016 13:38:41 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

snip

When you say fuel is ****ing out of the carb, do you mean from inside
the carb?

If it's the type of carb I think it is, then the fuel needle valve is
u/s. By default it shouldn't dribble any fuel until there's a vacuum in
the venturi; where the diaphragm can exerts a pressure on the sprung
needle valve and open it.

http://86.43.94.97/moodlecp9a/mod/gl...e+Ca rburetor

(nice graphic).

Are you missing the spring?

As you say, that would only be the case if the fuel was coming (back)
out of the venturi (possibly hidden behind the air-filter, disguising
the actual leak point) and not out of the carb body, primer bulb or
hose etc.

And if the body, is it from one of the joints or the breather hole as
shown on your diagram (the latter indicating a punctured diagraphm).

I had discounted a puncture "new" diaphragm! I don't recall Adrian
saying where the fuel was coming out of the carb, BICBW.