Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT. GM fuel mileage overstated

On 5/15/2016 7:29 AM, Don Y wrote:

Neither of us enjoy time traveling; nothing gets done beyond
changing your position on the globe -- "We'll wait for it to come
out on DVD..."

We enjoy travel. Meeting people, seeing things, experiencing local
customers, especially in foreign countries.

A "special dinner" is *me* spending the day to prepare one of her
favorites -- along with suitable desserts. If she could buy it in
a restaurant (or bakery), it wouldn't be special -- it would just
be "yet another credit card charge".

I often do the same, but again, it is the dining experience we enjoy.
We went to the Culinary Institute for our 50th.
This is just one of the restaurants they have
http://www.ristorantecaterinademedici.com/
others can be seen here
http://www.ciarestaurantgroup.com/

The same is true when we are invited to friends' for a party, meal, etc.
Walking in with something *purchased* is a cop-out -- a few extra minutes
on the weekly shopping trip and a few extra dollars. OTOH, making
something special *for* them (cheesecake, ice cream, coffee cake,
biscotti, lasagna, electronic doorbell, etc.) represents an investment
of *time*.

Agree. Home made is the only way to go.