Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] clive.r.long@gmail.com is offline

Default Advice needed on choosing and mixing tiles

I know anything to do with decoration is a personal thing but I am asking for opinions from people who made a choice of tiles I am about to make.

About the only wall/floor tile at a realistic price that appeals to me is one that mimics a grey stone with small fossils, with a matt finish. The bathroom this is going in has two good sized windows and will have 4 LED lights (low output). I am concerned the grey will look a bit dark, even though I like the look of the tiles. Has anyone installed grey "stone effect" floor and wall tiles?

An alternative would be to put the grey tile on the floor and a lighter tile from the same range on the wall (I haven't got a sample of that yet). Has anyone put a darker tile on the floor? Did you like the effect or wish you had stuck with one tile colour throughout?

Thanks,

Clive