Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Primer for Copper

In article ,
wrote:
i want to coat copper piping of the chiller to avoid the environmental
effects of ash and sulfur contents in the atmosphere. what should I use.
Just RED OXIDE or some other enamel base primer is recommended ?

I painted the copper tails to the SS towel rail in the bathroom with
Plasi-Kote 'chrome' enamel. Looks more like brushed SS, but has lasted
well. Just cleaned the pipes and painted it straight on.

But all the other copper pipes in the house seem to last OK left bare. ;-)

--
*Save the whale - I'll have it for my supper*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.