Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default STUPID QUESTION No. 5

On Thu, 12 May 2016 17:43:53 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

hmmm possible to buy quality wire labels as Kroy with numbering on the labels
peel off label 0001A and affix, write down what 0001A is in the book.
write down where book is....

I did that at one office building:
Befo
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/drivel/slides/Phone%20Room%20Before.html
After:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/drivel/slides/Phone%20Room%20After.html
Well, that photo was before I labeled everything. The problem was
that it only worked as long as I was personally doing the wiring. When
the phone, alarm, sprinkler, cable company, self-installers, etc
arrived, they made a huge mess. Asking Ma Bell to "tag" their work
seemed to be like asking the installer to perform an un-natural act. I
gave up.

Well, if you want quality and a permanent label, I suggest a Kingsley
(Norwood) hot stamp machine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcjwVgQNqTg
https://www.itwnorwood.com

If that's not good enough, there are laser wire warker machines:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k81ISpP2pc4

or maybe an ink sprayer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNyfFnKWaJ0
You can also use it to apply fake tatoos.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558