Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default First they came for lightbulbs

On 12/05/2016 18:45, tim... wrote:

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
En el artículo , Chris Hogg
escribió:

(Do they actually make toast in Europe, or is
this just a clandestine anti-Brit thing?).

No, because they get lovely fresh bread (not sliced, homogenised crap,
but rolls, croissants, etc.) from a local bakery every day. That's my
experience of Poland, Germany, France, Holland, and Spain anyway.

when I lived in Italy, in the summer you had to buy your fresh baked
bread in the morning

if you didn't, it was rock-hard and inedible

From my experience of French bread, you have to go out and buy it in
the morning and again later in the day, because any you've bought in the
morning will have solidified by mid afternoon.