Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default First they came for lightbulbs

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
To me, the main advantage of a slow cooker is things don't get ruined
if left on a long time.

'That's an advantage !, what happens if you forget to switch it on ?
There's a few things I buy that are slow cooked, all it takes is 5 mins
then 1 min standing then another 3 mins in the microwave and I have a
meal ready, no wating about for hours adn I can decide what I want 10
mins before eating rather than have to decide what I want or how hungry
I'll be in 10 yuors time.

Each to their own. I prefer a stew etc I actually know what is in it. ;-)

I completely agree about home made stews and slow cookers. Wonderful
taste and texture and great to come in from work or elsewhere at pretty
much any time in the evening and to be greeted with a wonderful smell
and just be able to serve up and eat.