Posted to alt.home.repair

Default bye-bye land line telephone

On 05/12/2016 09:19 AM, HerHusband wrote:

[snip]

Of course, my only dial-up option back then was long distance, so it got
really expensive.

I first got internet in 1995, when the local phone company started
considering a nearby (30 miles) city to be "local".

Cable? ... not so much. I had to fire Comcast because they were down
so often and out so long when they went.

Our Comcast service has been very reliable. We've probably had fewer than
5 outages in the last 10 years, and most of those have lasted less than
30 minutes. Our longest outage was about 4-6 hours.

Here (with Suddenlink) there haven't been many outages. The only one
that lasted more than a few minutes was a 5-day one in May 2015 when we
had a tornado what broke a lot of poles. Power was out for 4 days.

[snip]

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Therefore we Christians, in turn, are obliged not to tolerate their
wanton and conscious blasphemy." [Martin Luther,"On the Jews and Their
Lies",1543]