Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default First they came for lightbulbs

On Thu, 12 May 2016 16:12:42 +0100, Andrew wrote:

Neighbour went into our local garden centre, part of Wyvale Gardens and
selected some weed'n'feed for his lawn but when he tried to pay for it
the computer said no. Apparently another EU dictat has become law
recently and the staff didn't know the offending stuff was still on the
shelf. They wouldn't sell it to him.

And what WAS wrong with agent orange, anyway? Why can't we just buy that
over the counter?

Strangely enough there seems to have been an increase in the number of
people offering to 'de-weed and green your lawn' (for a huge price).
Have garden chemicals been restricted to 'professional use' recently ?.

No, it's just that there's a **** of a lot of terminally indolent people
who are happy to spend money rather than get off their backsides,
especially if the spendiness is wrapped up as a nice monthly DD.