Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default First they came for lightbulbs

On 11/05/2016 20:48, Chris B wrote:
On 11/05/2016 18:30, Adrian wrote:
On Wed, 11 May 2016 18:03:29 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

Then they came for vacuum cleaners, soon kettles and toasters.

Oh, that 2014 fabricated scare-story's come out of hibernation, has it?

What a surprise.

Even the Telegraph backtracked on it a few months ago.

Well its not come out of hibernation yet - its been put on the "back
burner" (If we are still allowed to have such things) until after the
referendum in case it makes people vote to leave.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/36642906-d...#axzz48NVyRLIh

But after the referendum I will wager its "full steam ahead" (well
partial steam ahead anyway from our new low power kettles).

Neighbour went into our local garden centre, part of Wyvale Gardens
and selected some weed'n'feed for his lawn but when he tried to pay
for it the computer said no. Apparently another EU dictat has become
law recently and the staff didn't know the offending stuff was still
on the shelf. They wouldn't sell it to him.

Strangely enough there seems to have been an increase in the number of
people offering to 'de-weed and green your lawn' (for a huge price).
Have garden chemicals been restricted to 'professional use' recently ?.