Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default First they came for lightbulbs

On 12/05/16 14:41, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Wed, 11 May 2016 18:03:29 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Then they came for vacuum cleaners, soon kettles and toasters.

How *do* you make a toaster more efficient?

I have a couple of those new-fangled light bulbs with ribbon LEDs,
which glow brightly when switched on, just like an old filament bulb.
Impressive. They use very little power. I'm sure it wouldn't take much
for the technophobes in Brussels to think that the elements in a
toaster could be replaced by such a ribbon LED, thereby saving
megawatts across Europe. (Do they actually make toast in Europe, or is
this just a clandestine anti-Brit thing?).

I am wondering whether you meant this to be satire, or whether you
actually believed what you wrote there...

look exactly the same afterwards."

Billy Connolly