Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default First they came for lightbulbs

In article , tim...
wrote:

"Adrian" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 May 2016 13:01:45 +0100, tim... wrote:

But market forces having settled on a rectangular (not square) slice
size/shape that seems to have been constants for much of my lifetime,

Really?

None of the bread we have is "rectangular".

I was ignoring the curve at the top

The point I was making is that it isn't square, but has one dimension
longer then the other

and IME

the long dimension won't fit in the toaster whichever way you try

Right, and? The last loaf I bought was sort of roundish, with
tucked-over bits at the top in all directions. The one before that was
fairly long and thin.

Maybe you're just buying **** industrial "bread". Does it come in a
plastic bag?

Of course it comes in a plastic bag

how else am I going to buy sliced bread?

grease-proof paper?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England