Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default First they came for lightbulbs

In article ,
polygonum wrote:
Conveniently ignoring that most slow cooker recipes talk about putting
HOT ingredients into them. And often frying off at least some
ingredients.

Only the most basic ones. My ancient one is thermostatically controlled,
so you can start from cold.

And as regards frying meat etc first to 'seal' it, up to you. Same as so
much in cooking. It just gives some meat and some veg a better texture
after cooking.

To me, the main advantage of a slow cooker is things don't get ruined if
left on a long time. Unlike virtually any other cooking method. You could
come in a day late and still have a hot stew waiting for you, ready to eat.

--
*Remember: First you pillage, then you burn.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.