Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default First they came for lightbulbs

I don't know but I'm getting really ****ed off about cleaners. I have a
newish Bosch. It slows right down cos it overheats if yu use it for more
than about 10 minutes on full suck. A Henry very recently purchased has now
a smaller motor and half the muck ends up inside the pipe and has to be
cleaned out every time its used in anything but a dustless house.
What is going on?

As for kettles, I do think more efficent kettles can be made, the basic
designs have not changed since the 1950s.
Toasters are another issue. I'd imagine something could be done to make
them toast more evenly, but power wise they do seem to lose a lot of heat,
so if you could make them perhaps more efficient at the frequencies that
toast tthings then fine. trouble is that people have been used to buying
toasters at just over a fiver in Tesco, so if suddenly they are 50 quid
people will start to moan.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Then they came for vacuum cleaners, soon kettles and toasters.

How *do* you make a toaster more efficient?