Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default First they came for lightbulbs

"Nightjar cpb.me.uk" "insert my surname here wrote in message
On 12/05/2016 00:46, bm wrote:
"David Lang" wrote in message

Toaster manufacturers obviously don't measure bread and bakers obviously
never measure toasters!

O well, after we (I hate to say it) vote to stay in it'll prolly be law
fix bread sizes...

Actually, it was the EU that stopped us from regulating bread sizes.

quite right too

gummerment has no business in telling bakers what shape bread they have to
make, market forces should dictate that.

But market forces having settled on a rectangular (not square) slice
size/shape that seems to have been constants for much of my lifetime, the
toaster makers apparent insistence that their product requires slices to be
square is ridiculous.

tim