Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

On Wed, 11 May 2016 16:10:49 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 11/05/2016 15:36, misanthrope wrote:
Bod wrote:

I have an old Bible, but rarely read it and I am no expert so I
couldn't quote more than a few.
I started to read some babble in the Bible that was a pageful
of someone begatting someone else then someone else begatting another
person.
I ended up with a headache and couldn't make sense of the tosh.

When I was a kid, I was a real snot sometimes so I got grounded until I
had read the entire bible. (I was raised catholic) It took me a month. I
actually enjoyed reading the bible and found it to be a interesting book
of stories with morals. For the record, I am a non-spiritual skeptic.
I don't care what label others may have for me, atheist or whatever. I
allow for the possibility (however remote) that I am misguided and
something/someone out there does exist as a god(s). I also accept that
while religion/spirituality may not be my thing, it works well for alot
of folks and helps them be better people in the world. I don't see
anything wrong with that. There are of course some extremists, but the
problem is in their disturbed psyche.

Understood and I agree that the Bible has good stories, but that's all
it is to me, just full of fictional stories.

"all it is to me"

Thats very nice. Yet you were the same person that was proclaiming
others who believe differently than you to be insane. So those good
stories obviously mean nothing to you visa vis leading a better life.

I am now practising trying to walk on water. I've heard that some
mythical Magician managed it once upon a time. Not having much luck, but
a great story all the same.

Best of luck to you. Ive done it many times while I was out ice
fishing. Ive seen it done for short distances while the water was
liquid, but I never could run that fast. Nor had much interest in
trying however.