Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 9:36:25 AM UTC-5, misanthrope wrote:
Bod wrote:

I have an old Bible, but rarely read it and I am no expert so I couldn't
quote more than a few.
I started to read some babble in the Bible that was a pageful
of someone begatting someone else then someone else begatting another
person.
I ended up with a headache and couldn't make sense of the tosh.

When I was a kid, I was a real snot sometimes so I got grounded until I
had read the entire bible. (I was raised catholic) It took me a month.
I actually enjoyed reading the bible and found it to be a interesting
book of stories with morals. For the record, I am a non-spiritual
skeptic. I don't care what label others may have for me, atheist or
whatever. I allow for the possibility (however remote) that I am
misguided and something/someone out there does exist as a god(s). I
also accept that while religion/spirituality may not be my thing, it
works well for alot of folks and helps them be better people in the
world. I don't see anything wrong with that. There are of course some
extremists, but the problem is in their disturbed psyche.

I was a little kid and couldn't understand why I was being abused by the psychotic nuns like Sister Godzilla when I questioned what they were teaching me about religion. The nuns hated me and my brother and were convinced we were the spawn of Satan because we dared question what they were telling us.. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Satanic Monster