Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival
misanthrope[_2_] misanthrope[_2_] is offline

Default Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

Bod wrote:

I have an old Bible, but rarely read it and I am no expert so I couldn't
quote more than a few.
I started to read some babble in the Bible that was a pageful
of someone begatting someone else then someone else begatting another
person.
I ended up with a headache and couldn't make sense of the tosh.

When I was a kid, I was a real snot sometimes so I got grounded until I
had read the entire bible. (I was raised catholic) It took me a month.
I actually enjoyed reading the bible and found it to be a interesting
book of stories with morals. For the record, I am a non-spiritual
skeptic. I don't care what label others may have for me, atheist or
whatever. I allow for the possibility (however remote) that I am
misguided and something/someone out there does exist as a god(s). I
also accept that while religion/spirituality may not be my thing, it
works well for alot of folks and helps them be better people in the
world. I don't see anything wrong with that. There are of course some
extremists, but the problem is in their disturbed psyche.