Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default Materials for making a long-lasting, walkable-on long-lastingflat roof?

On 09/05/16 05:49, wrote:
I'm planning an extension to my house, and want to make flat roof that will last a long time,

I have a southwards facing laid bitumen roof on the extension with a
small bit of a slope. When the sun is in full effect, it's melting and
slowly drifting over the edge, and even things like discarded grass from
birds nest manages to imprint itself. I daren't walk on it. It's painted
with aluminium heat reflective paint, but I'm not hopeful this is a long
term solution for water tightness.

I'd go fibreglass.

--
Adrian C