Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Materials for making a long-lasting, walkable-on long-lasting flat roof?

In article ,
wrote:
I'm planning an extension to my house, and want to make flat roof that
will last a long time, is maintenance-free and tough enough for people
to walk around on, and is fairly light in colour on the surface.

Can anyone recommend cost-effective materials? I'd something rigid
rather than joists and plywood with a waterproof covering, which, in my
experience tends to have limited durability.

So a concrete of some sort roof? Sounds a bit overkill for the average
house extension?

I have a roof terrace where originally there was a pitched roof. Joists
with decent ply over, than ashfelt. GRP concrete tiles (commonly called
promenade tiles) on top. Has lasted well. Be overkill for only maintenance
access, though.

*If work is so terrific, how come they have to pay you to do it?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.