Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default Poll: lending tools

On Sun, 08 May 2016 22:31:45 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message news
On Sun, 08 May 2016 17:56:36 +0100, wrote:

On Sunday, 8 May 2016 14:46:35 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
How many of you are happy to lend tools to neighbours?

Depends on the tool.

The occasional screwdriver ok.

Martindale electrical tester no way.

I was thinking of things worth up to £100 or so.

I do regardless of price, will even lend my car to some.

And have lent satnavs, laptops, chainsaws etc.

Have lent the trailers that are worth a lot more than that.

My neighbour used to lend me his Austin Gypsy before I'd even bought my first car. Bloody thing needed TLC with the gear changes. There were certain combinations that were impossible, eg neutral to first while the engine was running. You had to start it in first with the clutch in. Presumably it had a loose clutch cable and no or completely worn synchromesh.

--
Artificial intelligence is always better than real stupidity.