Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Advice requested Whirlpool Duet Sport Washing Machine "popped"

Danny DiAmico posted for all of us...

On Thu, 05 May 2016 16:49:28 -0400, JC wrote:

Fedex, always cheaper.

I'm actually surprised that FedEx is "always cheaper" than UPS.
If that's true, I wonder why?

Of course, it could be simply a business decision, or, maybe they
have inherent efficiencies over UPS?

Why would Fedex be "always cheaper" than UPS (for typical packages)?

Have you not heard of Ebay?

Of course.
When I googled for the part, I saw $25 boards on Ebay.
While I love a good price as much as anyone does, the range for the boards was
from $25 to $250 aftermarket, and $300 OEM from Whirlpool.

The problem with that is I don't have the EXPERIENCE to know which Ebay
supplier is reliably providing a good board or not.

While I'm all for taking risks, you usually have to offset a risk
with some knowledge. For example, I don't buy tire warrantees because
I can fix my own flats, so, I ameliorate the risk.

I didn't have the knowledge to buy a $25 board on Ebay and get
away with it on the first shot by getting a good part.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Whirlpool-Ke...AOSwjMJXC~d R
If the link is not working its Ebay item 141974974420
There's probably other listings

I saw that EXACT board when I first googled, as I remember the
writing on the metal heat sink. The problem is that I don't
have enough information to TRUST that $60 price. Yeah, I see
the 98% feedback but I don't know how much I can trust that.

Like anyone, I'd rather pay $60 + $15 +$15 = $90 over
$145 + $15 = $160 but I feel I can trust the circuit board medics,
while I'm not sure what to trust in that board.

So, I *would* have gone for the $25 board if I had more information,
but I didn't have enough to trust Ebay.

Everybody has their comfort level. It's the crap shoot of life.

Isn't it time to collect money off your sister? Is she the one that broke
it? g Map the laundromats?

--
Tekkie