JM

Default dell p1110 monitor

Any idea if this also applies to the HP 4576A monitor? I've always thought
mine seemed to bright even with the brightness at zero. Somewhere in my
user's manual it mentions the P1110 monitor so I think they must be very
similar inside. Maybe this is the cause of my other problems, or part of
them (see newer post this). Mine doesn't seem to have a "colour return"
option in the user menus anywhere.

"Wayne" wrote in message news:3ff6e8ac.661551@shawnews...
On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 08:36:14 GMT, "Bruce Wayne"
wrote:

Hey guys,
anyone know how to adjust the brightness from inside the chasis on this
monitor..the brightness controls on the front are set to 0 but the unit

is
still a little too bright..I found the focus adjustments with the chasis
cover off..
TIA

This is a known problem with the Dell P1110, and there is a hardware
fix to resolve it. Get someone else to do this if you are not
comfortable/safe working inside a monitor. Get the download from the
Sony section at this site...
http://www.geocities.com/monitorss/schematics.html

Wayne