Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default Flashlight temptation (save the AA cells)

On Sat, 07 May 2016 17:29:25 +0100, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 5/7/2016 11:50 AM, My 2 Cents wrote:
And now.... I've found a use for the flashlight! I've got these damn
run down AA batteries run down to much to be useful but still enough
charge to not throw away. So a single cell 18650 battery holder with a
spacer ( bolt that happens to be the right size) the test meter which
doubles for the jumper wires... and now the AA is running the LED, the
electrons are making photons now that won't wind up the city landfill.
It's kinda like not throwing out good food but feeding it to the
neighbor's dog.

Ebay has AA to D adapters, if you want to use the
Dolgen light. Also, there used to be a single AA
light with joule thief, that was supposed to run
AA cells down near to nothing.

http://www.amazon.com/Gerber-Infinit.../dp/B00062APHU

There isn't much left in a battery when the light is too dim to use anyway, so thieving and extra 1% is pointless. Look at the discharge graphs, the voltage plummets suddenly at the end.

--
Earth is 98% full, please delete anyone you can.