Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Flashlight temptation / types of battery packs

On 5/6/2016 6:14 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 06 May 2016 22:38:41 +0100, Stormin Mormon

I have never known any rechargeable battery self discharge much unless
it's very old.

The early nicads went down in a few weeks.

Nope, I bought NiCads when they first came out. There was no noticeable
self discharge. Sometimes I'd have one in a clock etc because I didn't
have an alkaline available, and it would run for 6 months.

CY: Please do not tell me that I'm mistaken
when I tell you what has happened in my own
life.

My other experience with rechargables was some
NiMH that I got at Walmart, that were a few
years old.

Of course, my drill batteries from Harbor
Freight (China made) only stay charged a
couple days. I usually have to charge them
the night before I use them.

I buy batteries on Ebay, and test the capacity when I get them.
Anything not up to standard I request a partial or full refund and
always get it. The sellers don't like negative feedbacks.

CY: Sounds like you are a wise consumer.