Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Flashlight temptation / clock batteres

On 5/6/2016 6:12 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 06 May 2016 22:41:40 +0100, Stormin Mormon
Ah, clocks. I have several clocks at home. And
about 25 or 30 clocks at the church building. My
part of USA does daylight saving time,

UK does that stupid thing too. Utterly pointless. You only need to
adjust daylight for winter, in summer there is plenty, so just leave it
at winter setting!

CY: Said to be an old Indian quote "only white
man think cut foot off end of blanket and sew
onto other end of blanket make blanket longer"

so we change
clocks two times a year. I give each of the clocks
a new alkaline AA cell each time change. Wrist watch
gets new CR-2016 cell, when the display goes blank.

Why do you need to change the batteries that often? Quartz clocks
usually use an AA alkaline in about 3-4 years.

CY: The ones the church and I have, if I leave
the battery in, many of the clocks stop before
one year has passed. I've found it easier to use
new battery every daylight time change.

--
..
Christopher A. Young