Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default Flashlight temptation / clock batteres

On Fri, 06 May 2016 22:41:40 +0100, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 5/6/2016 3:47 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 06 May 2016 19:33:23 +0100, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

I have become partial to AA alkaline over Li for infrequently-used
devices.

Yes, Li offers exceptional shelf life.... but alkalines have a shelf
life of something like 5 years.

I use alkaline for clocks and thermostats as they're dirt cheap. I use
Li Ion (or NiMH if I have to for voltage) for everything else.

Ah, clocks. I have several clocks at home. And
about 25 or 30 clocks at the church building. My
part of USA does daylight saving time,

UK does that stupid thing too. Utterly pointless. You only need to adjust daylight for winter, in summer there is plenty, so just leave it at winter setting!

so we change
clocks two times a year. I give each of the clocks
a new alkaline AA cell each time change. Wrist watch
gets new CR-2016 cell, when the display goes blank.

Why do you need to change the batteries that often? Quartz clocks usually use an AA alkaline in about 3-4 years.

--
Please keep your hands off the secretary's reproducing equipment.