Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Flashlight temptation / clock batteres

On 5/6/2016 3:47 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 06 May 2016 19:33:23 +0100, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

I have become partial to AA alkaline over Li for infrequently-used
devices.

Yes, Li offers exceptional shelf life.... but alkalines have a shelf
life of something like 5 years.

I use alkaline for clocks and thermostats as they're dirt cheap. I use
Li Ion (or NiMH if I have to for voltage) for everything else.

Ah, clocks. I have several clocks at home. And
about 25 or 30 clocks at the church building. My
part of USA does daylight saving time, so we change
clocks two times a year. I give each of the clocks
a new alkaline AA cell each time change. Wrist watch
gets new CR-2016 cell, when the display goes blank.

--
..
Christopher A. Young