Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default Flashlight temptation / types of battery packs

On Fri, 06 May 2016 21:21:40 +0100, Winston_Smith wrote:

On Fri, 06 May 2016 18:26:40 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:
On Fri, 06 May 2016 13:23:18 +0100, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I've seen leaky nicads, but that was some
cells which were a decade or so old. I've
never had a NiMH leak.

I have, but it's just a small amount of white powder. Doesn't rust the contacts to hell.

Same experience here. I mostly noticed it on Fuji cells that had to be
pushing a decade old.

I've thrown out all the stuff of that era now; mostly their capacity
to hold a charge was getting small. Replaced the entire stock with
Sanyo/Panasonic Enloops. I'm very happy with them. The charger in the
latest package deal at Costco treats four cells individually. Gone are
the days of charging in pairs. That's useful since a lot of things now
use three or one cell.

Pair charging is fine, if you have one to be charged, just leave it by the charger or in the charger, until another is ready to go with it.

Mind you, pair charging means you're always over or undercharging one of them. Dunno which the chargers tend to do.

--
A hard-on doesn't count as personal growth.