Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default Flashlight temptation / types of battery packs

On Fri, 06 May 2016 21:24:46 +0100, Winston_Smith wrote:

On Fri, 06 May 2016 14:35:55 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Per Stormin Mormon:

The good quality D size NiMH cells tempt me
to purchase. But, I don't use that much
equipment that has D cells. And, so far,
alkalines do the job.

My marine GPS uses AA NiMH cells and I find that the self-discharge rate
on them is quite high - high enough that I need to charge the batteries
the night before each use.

Look into Sanyo/Panasonic Enloops. Costco among other places. They
claim to retain 90% of their charge after 5 years and from my
experience they do.

Of course, if there is some monitor circuit in your device that's
always drawing current, they won't help.

With Li Ions, I've found Panasonic does 100% of what it says on the side. Samsung gives 80% of it's rating, and unbranded **** and things like Ultrafire and Trustfire give TWENTY percent.

--
I got the strangest recording when I called the phone company the other day.
It said, "You have been connected to the correct department on the first try. This is against company policy. Please hang up and redial."