Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default Flashlight temptation / types of battery packs

On Fri, 06 May 2016 19:33:23 +0100, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Per Stormin Mormon:
But, I do like to keep the
options open. I can stop by the store and buy AA cells
easier than finding a lithium ion battery pack.

I have become partial to AA alkaline over Li for infrequently-used
devices.

Yes, Li offers exceptional shelf life.... but alkalines have a shelf
life of something like 5 years while my wife's phone (which she refuses
to use on any regular basis, but thinks the needs to have...) comes up
dead after a few months if it has not been charged.

I use alkaline for clocks and thermostats as they're dirt cheap. I use Li Ion (or NiMH if I have to for voltage) for everything else.

--
And if there were a god, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence -- Bertrand Russell